Justin Gardner Roberts
Justin Gardner Roberts was introduced to the practice of law at an early age, having grown up in family of attorneys in Rockport, Texas. He first expressed his desire to form his own company as a young man and focused his studies accordingly. As an undergraduate at the University of Texas, he simultaneously pursued a Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business and a Bachelor of Science in Corporate Communication. He also minored in German and pursued a fully immersive course of studies in international business at the Europäische Schule Betriebswirtschaft (ESB) in Reutlingen, Germany. After earning his undergraduate degrees, he attended the University Of Texas School Of Law concurrently with his brother Trey Roberts where he earned his Doctor of Jurisprudence, served on the Oil & Gas Journal, and was awarded the Dean’s Award in Real Estate Finance. He also attended St. Mary’s University’s Institute on World Legal Issues at the Universität Innsbruck, in Innsbruck, Austria where he studied international commercial transactions.
Justin’s practice focuses on federal income taxation, with particular emphasis in the areas of entity formation and structuring, business, real estate, finance, corporate, and commercial transactions. He has experience representing and working with a) business owners in entity formation, business planning, raising capital in compliance with Regulation D of the federal securities law, and dissolutions; b) buyers and sellers in business and asset purchase and sale transactions, stock purchase and sale transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and commercial real estate transactions; c) landlords and tenants in commercial leasing matters, d) and real estate developers in land acquisition, financing, and development. Mr. Roberts also has experience in commercial law as well as estate planning and probate matters.
Before forming Anderson / Roberts PLLC, Justin worked at a boutique law firm representing multiple entrepreneurs and start-ups structuring investment deals. There he learned the importance of providing quality legal services to small to mid-size businesses from their inception to maturity, which inspired him to form his own business with his brother. He takes great pride in contributing to his client’s success and positively impacting their company’s strategic mission. He is also an active alumnus of the University of Texas, having served as a lecturer at the Red McCombs School of Business, and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Marley Memorial Foundation’ a privately held non-profit corporation founded to honor the memory of Sgt. Gerald Wayne Kissling, IV, a Rockport native who lost his life while serving his country as a member of the U.S. Army stationed in Germany.
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, TX
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Deans Award in Real Estate Finance; Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law
- Institute on World Legal Issues, St. Mary’s University, Universität Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
- The University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business
- Bachelor of Science in Corporate Communication Studies
- Europäische Schule Betriebswirtschaft (ESB), Reutlingen, Germany
- Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition
- The State Bar of Texas
- The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Tax Section and Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section
- The American Bar Association
- Tax Section and Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section
- The Austin Bar Association
- Business, Corporate, and Tax Section and Real Estate Section
- The Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors The Marley Memorial Foundation